Saturday, June 26, 2010

Eureka!

I've had several enlightened moments in the last 24 hours, and I'm extremely ecstatic about them!


First, I was thinking about my MakeUpForEver Camouflage Palette which I never use. It really irks me that it was so expensive and it doesnt work for me the way I wanted. The green looks green on my skin rather than concealing my acne scars. I'm sure someone knows why but I'm unaware why this is. Actually the green I still have no solution for as of yet. However! I realized that I could use the rest of the palette as an eyeshadow base! Before I got my hand on eyeshadow primers I had applied too much concealer on my lids (by accident) and realized later that it had held my eyeshadow in place beautifully! So, voila! That is how I'm going to use this palette. I'm going to run out of UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion) soon enough and I havent gotten any MAC Paint Pots as of yet (for annoying reasons) and so this would work perfectly.

I'm obviously not one of those people that is okay with getting products that never get used. I am extremely careful with what I buy and it hurts when you invest so much energy into something because you have all these expectations, and then it doesnt work out.

The other moment I had was with a new lipstick that I bought from the drugstore. I had heard gurus talk about Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick line and how it was decent for a drugstore brand. And in all honesty, the purple packaging had been sucking me in from the start. But in all honestly, I love this lipstick. I got the shade Precious Brown and it suits my skintone and my lips own pigmentation so amazingly that I just want to apply and reapply and look at how amazing it looks and feels. And it really is moisturizing; I can never wear a MAC lipstick on its own because of how drying it feels but this I dont even feel the need for gloss. I'm so happy with this product. I'll definitely be picking up more of these in a drugstore haul soon.

I also finally got a pencil sharpener. I know, that's just embarassing that I have to mention that. But I'm lazy and I hadnt really needed to until my Urban Decay Zero eyeliner pencil needed sharpening, lol. So I picked up one by Quo and it works amazing. I've learned quickly that with cream liners, the key is to sharpen the slightest amount off because the last thing you want is a sharp point that breaks off. I also love how it doesnt sharpen anything too long; it makes them short which is perfect.

Yay:).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers