Friday, July 23, 2010

MAC Collections


I dont know why but I'm not that impressed by MAC Collections.

When I watch gurus talk about what they got from them and see how excited they are, I fee like I should feel excited, but I'm not. It may have to do with the fact that I'm still creating the basics and because I'm not letting myself just go crazy but I dont know. I have yet to see something that is a MAC Limited Edition product that I really badly want.

There are, however, lots of MAC permanent eyeshadows, lipsticks, brushes, lipliners, eyepencils and blushes that I want to get. I feel like being smart about buying your makeup makes it such a long-term plan that it takes away some of the fun. Boo :(!


The only lipliner that I have from MAC is Soar and it is beautiful (it's described as a midtone pinkish brown). I havent bought any lipstick other than Bombshell, not because I dont want to, but because I'm really impressed with the Rimmel Lipsticks that I bought and I want to get my moneys worth out of them this year before I go buying MAC stuff.


I'm actually really proud of myself and my will power with makeup. I mean I totally want to buy things like makeup gurus do, but I'm stopping myself so that I dont end up on Project 10 Pan a billion times.

Also, I feel like when you just keep buying makeup that you dont enjoy it. I recently just started using an eyeshadow from my Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows by Urban Decay that I hadnt even touched yet and I love it. I want to enjoy the things I have. I dont want to just have them.

I think, to keep myself happy, I will slowly add to things that I can justify. For instance, the lipliners. I only have one shade. On the other hand, I will refrain from adding more to what I dont need really. For example, lip sticks. While 8 lipsticks really isnt that many compared to gurus, I personally think its enough to last me the rest of the year. I'm glad I bought such different shades.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers